Saturday, April 28
Check out the noche_de_padres_flyer to get all the details.
Popular items include: Tickets to professional sports games, live theater and movie tickets. Massage and wellness packages, Nordic Ware Gift Baskets, birthday party packages, Walt Disney World park-hopper passes, A Private Chef experiences, Gym memberships and punch cards, 2 pairs of new Ray-Ban sunglasses, rides to school in St. Louis Park fire truck or police car, photography packages, adult beverage gift baskets from area businesses, and tickets to many different area museums and attractions.
Many teachers, staff, Amity Interns and PSI Families are offering exciting group buy-in events for children and adults- these include cooking classes, fun-days, sporting events, family nights and more! Look for a flyer in your childs orange folder next week highlighting these events!
All proceeds from the Silent Auction directly benefit the children of PSI. The fundraising goal for the auction is $20,000 to raise enough funds to cover half of the expenses in running the Amity Intern program for next year. Please bid generously, have fun and remember that the money raised goes to a great cause.
Curious what your kiddos are up to all day? Come volunteer in the lunchroom and find out! Help hand out silverware and napkins, sanitize tables and visit with the kids. Volunteer shifts are an hour long and super fun!
Click here to sign up!
Did you know the award-winning Okee Dokee Brother’s have a Spanish album? It’s called Excelente Fabuloso and for every CD purchased in December, Kids Love Languages, a St. Louis Park company, will donate $5 to PSI.
The CD is perfect for singing while in the car, uploading to your child’s iTunes playlist or purchasing as a gift. Songs are upbeat and enjoyed by entire families (lyrics and translations are included). CDs can be purchased via PayPal and shipped to your home. Visit www.kidslovelanguages.com and click “music”.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to find more information and a link to register. Online registration is open until Thursday, December 21st.
We’re also in need of a few volunteers to help with the planning. If you’re interested, please contact Chris Rorwick at email@example.com.
We are looking for volunteers to help run our carnival of math stations including three “giant” games this year: giant Chess, giant Connect 4, and giant checkers! Other fun math stations are: brain teasers, challenges, contests and more.
Working at a math station is easy and fun! Volunteers may work in shifts, or run a game for the entire night. Consider signing up to work with your child for a shift, and then enjoy playing the other part of the night!
First shift: 6:00-7:15; Second shift: 7:15-8:30 (Event begins at 6:30 p.m.)
Note: The first shift arrives 30 minutes earlier than event start for game instruction and set up. The second shift will learn game from first shift, and help take down game at end of event.
Silent auction website:
• help set up and load donation items into website
Silent auction- Teacher/Amity intern items:
• work with PSI teachers and Amity interns to secure their silent auction donation events and details (date, time, location, cost)
• share information with silent auction lead so it can be uploaded into auction website
• Prior to Carnival: work with current lead to create the Sign Up Genius; monitor sign ups and provide updates on volunteer needs; work with games leads to identify number of volunteer spots for each game.
• Night of Carnival: staff the volunteer check in room; oversee timely and smooth transition of volunteer shifts; distribute 1 ticket sheet to each volunteer upon completion of their shift.
• Prior to Carnival: contact and reserve vendors (inflatables, DJ, photo booth, etc.); work with Carnival leadership to establish times for each vendor to attend; obtain and secure contracts with each vendor; request payment via PSI parents website for each vendor; work with Carnival team to secure locations for each vendor; make sure vendor has everything they need (outlets, early access to set up, etc.)
• Day of Carnival- make sure vendors arrive on time and help them get to where they need to be in the school
Contact Sarah Reuben at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Stacey Edlavitch and Kristen Engen-Routzohn